Planning and delivery of a workshop for young people from London. Designed to help them gain blogging and digital skills by combining theoretical and practical approaches, and journalistic, writing and photography knowledge.
How to turn a summer blogging course for young people into an unforgettable and educational experience? By combining advice of industry specialists with fun challenges, treasure hunt, team tasks and even Q&As.
As a part of summer programmes for young people in the borough, Roundhouse a creative non for profit hub, organises various music, arts, theatre and digital workshops. For the Roundhouse bloggers course they were searching for a digital expert with their own blogging experience.
I planned and delivered a week long session working with a journalist facilitator and two special guests: a creative copywriter joining the workshop via a Twitter Q&A and a professional photographer. During the workshop, with a group of 7 young people, we covered the following topics:
- Clever and engaging writing
- Blogging platforms and personas
- Content promotion using digital media
- Freelancing skills and vlogging
- Photography as a way of blogging
The course was delivered using different formats to engage young people, such as:
- treasure hunt in a search for creative inspiration
- one day blogging challenge
- elevator pitch task
- team and individual exercises and more