Events marketing including cross-channel promotion of a new virtual conference, part of education offering of the attractions industry trade association IAAPA.
How to convince members to attend a new virtual professional skills development conference in the time of endless Zoom calls and online meetings due to global pandemic?
International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) is a trade association representing over 6,000 amusement-industry members in more than 100 countries worldwide and operating several global attractions-industry trade shows.
Due to global COVID-19 pandemic the regional in person expos had to be cancelled. In order to continue supporting attractions industry members by offering them education, connections and exchange opportunities, IAAPA launched a new virtual education platform IAAPA Virtual Conference aimed at members from the EMEA and APAC regions.
In order to encourage registrations, while working as EMEA Marketing Lead collaborating and co-creating with my colleagues from both regions, I planned and implemented:
- Web presence on owned IAAPA channels including an event page with a link to registration platform, full agenda, speakers overview and FAQs; home page banner; promotion posts in daily and monthly member newsletters; company magazine and press releases.
- Email marketing aimed at members and prospects, with a variety of timely, generic but also job title specific emails, and including reminders for abandoned registrations audiences.
- Content approach in the shape of speakers session preview published as text and video blog articles aimed at undecided members (targeting prospects at various stages of their decisions journey).
- Social media organic and paid presence at various owned channels including announcement posts, session previews, quotes from those who decided to sign up (member to member referral marketing tactic).
- Trade media presence designed to reach and promote further via event calendars and website promos at different industry titles.
- Live social media updates including daily conference opening posts, acknowledgments of speakers and sponsors, quotes from speakers, and daily summaries of the event.